We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summertime Cucumber-Tomato Salad


My lovely and talented sister is a caterer, and she is ever-patient and helpful whenever I call her looking for fab recipes. I feel like I'm stealing from her, taking her successful dishes and recreating them at home; but it's the only way to get a taste of her cooking from a thousand miles away. She never fails to supply me with an idea for something inventive and delish to try, like this Cucumber-Tomato Summer Salad.

This is super easy, a plus for me and my A.D.D. cooking style. Plus, Matt doesn't hold the same affinity as I do for tomatoes and cucumbers, so I get to hoard all this to myself (bonus)! I know this isn't exactly the recipe I was given, but it turned out tasting like summer, and was the perfect side to my barbecue chicken last night. I diced four Roma tomatoes and a half of a cucumber, julienned about an eighth of a large red onion, and tossed the mixture with some Greek vinaigrette I had in my pantry... Done!
I can't wait to eat this for lunch today, and next time I make Matt's office lunch, I definitely want to include this in the menu.

Just four ingredients is all it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!