We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, July 12, 2014

8-Minute Makeup

My boyfriend might be the first to tell you that I take forever to get ready. I don't deny this; whether I'm getting ready for work, the pool, or a big night out, I'm SLOW to get out the door, and I'm usually running late. "Five more minutes" always means twenty! (Thank my stars he is a patient man.)

There are a lot of things that go into being a girl, and your morning routine shouldn't be the most difficult thing you tackle on a Monday morning. So yes, it takes me a long time to attend to all the things a lady must that shall remain nameless, but my makeup takes only 8 minutes. Whaaaa....???

(Just a note, the products and brands I use are my current faves, and are not endorsed)...

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid foundation with SPF 20
-Clinique Super Rescue antioxidant night moisturizer (my skin has been terribly dry lately, so I use the night cream in the day)
-Garnier Skin-Renew under-eye rolling concealer
-CoverGirl matte powder
-Bronzer from Forever 21
-CoverGirl blush in Rose Silk
-Eyelash curler
-Revlon Overtime mascara
-CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion mascara
-E.L.F. eyebrow kit
-Vaseline for my smackers



I don't like to look like I have a ton of makeup on, but I do have sun spots and a stubborn red nose at times. For my base, I mix my foundation with the moisturizer so it's more like a BB Cream, for use all over. I highlight my cheekbones, cupid's bow, and just above my eyebrows with the concealer. Light dusting with the matte powder all over (if it's too heavy, it looks crazy-fake), bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks, on my peepers, and underneath my chin. Blush atop cheekbones in a "Nike swoosh" pattern. I love bushy-blush, and probably wear too much, but so do The Kardashians, so whatev. I curl my lashes, add two coats of each kind of mascara, and then pencil in my eyebrows. Did you know that properly-penciled eyebrows and highlights on your face can make you look more awake? ( Thank you, Pinterest! ) Vaseline may not taste amazing and fruity, but it lasts, it's super moisturizing, and lends a wet look to lips that is adorbs.

This is just the right amount for everyday and the office, plus I can play it up easily with just some eyeshadow, liquid liner, or lipstick.
Eight minutes...Boom!

How do you save time on your morning beauty routine? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!