We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Sunday, July 6, 2014

Gym Addicts

I may go to the gym nearly every day, but I am NOT one of those people who loves going to gym, nor will I ever be "addicted" to it.

Sunshine is my drug of choice, and I despise being cooped up in a stinky room with a bunch of shifty-eyed side-glancers (you know those guys who stare at you out of the corner of their eye? Real sly, weirdo). I feel too jiggly in the fitted (read: tight) gym clothes for women, and I can never make my hair look not insane. If I put it in a high ponytail, it falls as I run; if I choose a low pony, my hair covers my sweaty neck...yummy.

So, long story short, I don't jump out of bed in the morning thrilled about my future hour-long endeavor on the treadmill, but once I get there and start moving, I never regret it. Most of the time, the place is too hot, the TV in front of my mouse wheel doesn't work, or I've forgotten my water bottle and have to pause every 15 minutes to grab a sip of water from the certainly-germ-ridden fountain, but all-in-all, I'm happy to be moving.

It's a miracle, the way our bodies work. We abuse the crap out of our bodies on a daily basis: eating terrible foods we were never meant to ingest, drinking too much alcohol, sitting on our bums all day, stressing about every single thing....but our body heals itself, regenerates to the best of its ability so we can do it all over again tomorrow. I've read this in the recent past, and I truly believe: You get out of your body what you put in, and what you see on the outside is a direct result of how healthy you are on the inside. Think about that as you look in the mirror at what you may not love seeing...those bags under your eyes are probably from allowing yourself only 5 hours of sleep instead of 8 last night...the cellulite on your thighs is the fried chicken you ate last week making an unwanted second appearance...that lethargy you feel might be from a lack of life-giving water, when was the last time you drank 8 glasses? Every time you feel bad, it's your body giving you back what you gave it. Emotionally and physically, our bodies are constantly telling us what we need, if we'll only listen. Instead of making excuses for how we look and feel, why not take responsibility, and change how we look and feel?

Found this little nugget on Ironanimal@Tumblr....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!