We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, July 19, 2014

Chicken-Filled Mini Peppers

Trolling around the grocery store for on-sale meats and fish is one of my favorite activities (don't be jealous). There will usually be something inventive, organic, and out of my budget on sale, meaning I can indulge without breaking the bank.

One week, I found Sausage-Stuffed Mini Peppers for $2, so I snatched them up for plans on dinner that evening. Amidst my excitement at this value, I completely forgot that we were on a health-food kick and sausage was strictly outlawed. So I froze them with the intent of eating them after we were done dieting, but the funny thing is, it's never stopped and now I actually enjoy eating healthy food (drat). So I pitched those fatty nuggets and decided to remake them, in a healthy version.

I just happened to have picked up a giant bag of mini sweet peppers for the grill, and had ground chicken breast on hand, so this was a no-brainer recipe. I cooked my chicken with salt, pepper, ground red pepper flakes, minced garlic, diced celery, red onion, until it was nearly cooked through, then I tossed a handful of shredded Colby-Jack cheese to the mixture. In the meantime, I cut the tops off my peppers, removed the seeds, and arranged in a mini muffin tray (I didn't think we would eat all 24, but we sure did!). When I cook regular-sized stuffed peppers, I'll put a bit of water in the bottom of the dish, but since these didn't have flat bottoms, the mini muffin tray worked like a gem; I could still add water to each cup, and not worry about the mixture falling out.

I covered the tray with aluminum foil, and baked at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Then I uncovered the tray and set the oven to broil, to add some nice color and texture to each pepper. These were lava-hot coming out of the oven, and we made a meal with just these and a glass of white wine. Matt pretty much dug out the chicken and left most of the peppers, but I felt good about "sneaking" veggies into our dinner, so I'd call this one a success!

How do you "health-up" your favorite recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!