We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

The fourth of July is one of my most favorite holidays, for many reasons. But the most important one is that it gives us the opportunity to take one whole day and celebrate our liberties as Americans. We have it so good, but you don't see an overwhelming number of happy people. We should be thrilled every morning to wake up and have the freedoms we have, afforded to us by the bravery of others. The courage I certainly don't have, to sacrifice my life for the sake of others...

This holiday always makes me think of my grandfather, who served his country and went on to love a long and happy life. Without men like him, we wouldn't be able to live the way we do today: selfishly and unafraid; confident and strong. As a woman, I feel fortunate to have been born in such a great nation, where I have the same rights as my fellow man, and I can pursue my dreams without persecution.

As we celebrate our nation's birthday, let's remember also the men and women who gave their lives so that we could live in a free nation. THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!