We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Do you like to Do It Yourself?

Who else out there is a sucker for DIY?

I think creating something from nothing, even if it fails, appeals to my artistic nature. Plus, it appeals to my budget! I would much rather spend two dollars on a failed homemade sugar scrub then spend $20 on a delectable one at The Body Shop. I love The Body Shop! but good God, their prices are a bit sky-high for my taste. So, I will make my own (coming soon). My hair and face were in more need of some TLC than my bod, so I spent my gym time on Pinterest, searching for the best home made face mask and hair treatment.



I found one for both! For my face, I made my mask out of two egg whites, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Whisk this until blended and frothy, put on your pretty face. This takes about 15 minutes to dry, at which point you may rinse off. My skin felt smooth and hydrated, a great bargain at a cost of maybe 50 cents!

For my hair, I saved the two egg yolks from my face mask recipe, added 2 Tablespoons of EVOO, and added enough water to make one cup. I poured this into a water bottle and shook until blended (the water bottle technique also made it easier to pour onto my dome). I worked this mixture into my strands, and let sit for about 15 minutes while I showered. It took 2 shampoos to get the greasy feel out, but days later, my hair is still crazy soft and not so frizzy.

Hooray for DIY beauty regiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!