We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, August 2, 2014

Poppin' Pills

I'm not ashamed to say that I am a Google-whore. Never again (as long as I have my trusty iPhone and am in a service area) will I wonder what the name of that one actress in that one movie was, or what chicken's proper internal cooking temp is, or in the case of my paycheck grocery shopping trip last week, what certain vitamins could do for me.

Google! Internet! Amazing technology! THANK YOU!


My family has always been big into using vitamins and supplements to provide what our bodies may be lacking on a daily basis. My vitamin style is inspired by what my mom might say, although this is not a direct quote: Listen to what your body needs, and give it that. So, I researched to find out what one should take if one wants to improve their skin and hair; if one drinks wine with dinner (and maybe after, heehee); if one is working out daily; etc. Turns out, there is a vitamin for nearly everything, and I hit the jackpot since Giant Eagle was having a BOGO sale. (Sales to me are like Christmas!)

So, I was looking for Gotu Kola, which is supposed to be good for nearly everything, but no one seems to carry it (sigh). I whipped out my phone and started furiously Googling everything Giant Eagle had on sale...Biotin for healthy skin, hair, and nails... Milk Thistle for my liver and kidneys...Vitamin D3 for calcium absorption in my old bones...Cod Liver Oil for Omega 3's...Vitamin C, because someone's always sick at the office...MSM for my joints (my knees crackle and pop)...Vitamin E for those pesky free radicals...and Apple Cider Vinegar, because it's magic.

It takes about 30 minutes, but I open up all my pills and create daily packs until something runs out. Once I get through all these, I do another dose of research and keep it interesting with a new round. Much more budget-friendly than picking up a $60 random pill set from GNC, and I love customizing! Happy (healthy) pill-popping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!