We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sisterhood is a nice story...

The ladies that I work with can be pretty darn amazing, and the email sent to all of us from one of them made me take a step back and think about how I interact with other women. I've always thought of myself as easy to get along with, willing to take on extra responsibility for the good of the team, social but not involved in silly office politics...When I read this article talking about the importance of"Sisterhood", I took a step back. Is how I view my actions the way they are actually perceived?

Take a peek at this article about Sisterhood, and share your thoughts about how you can embrace this for 2015, or if it's unattainable...

In the spirit of being vulnerable, I have to admit the sisterhood thing is easier said than done after a lifetime of shutting women out. I’ve always tried to surround myself with people who push me to be my best, and who truly want to see me succeed. Women have never been that way to me. We should be constantly lifting each other up, not to “attack the enemy”, but to create trust and a healthy work and home environment for us all to succeed and thrive. We should be willing to assist each other every day because we actually care about our fellow woman's success, not because we are trying to cover our own assess or prove that we are better.

That being said, what do you do when the kindness is not reciprocated? What happens when you have nothing but good intent, you give over and over, and are met with animosity or suspicion by other women? I've known this to be true with both peers and management my entire life, and it's what has held women back as a whole. Until we celebrate each other's beauty, success, ideas, and talents without anger and jealousy, we will never rise above. It's one thing (a healthy thing, I might add) to be competitive. But not at another's expense.

How the heck are we supposed to run the world when we waste time pulling women down all around us? It's my strong suspicion that men have mastered this dance between healthy competition and supporting each other, and that's why they are the controlling majority. I think it's time for a switch-a-roo, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!