We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hooked!

I have recently fallen madly in love with online shopping. That shopping thrill can be achieved anywhere, anytime, quickly and without having to speak to real people...AAAHHHHH. I did most of my Christmas shopping online this year (and with the use of eBates, even made a whopping $8 back!), and I am officially hooked.

Speaking of "hooked", a couple years ago I had a customer who had an affinity for purses. She always had a different bag in hand when I saw her, and they were all equally stylish and ladylike. One day, she whips out of her purse a tiny silver hook, attaches it to the bartop, and dangles her bag from it. I thought it was a little odd, not yet being purse-obsessed myself, why not just sling it on the back of your chair or set it at your feet? I forgot about this little purse hook and the lady with the beautiful bags.

Until...

I realized that I had been setting my gorgeous new purse on the back of my chair at bars and restaurants, only to have my wallet exposed and my bag banged around by every person who walked by. On New Year's Eve, when there was standing room only, I had to hold my purse the entire night, or it would have been subject to sitting on a filthy bar floor... Yuck for my beautiful bag!

I remembered my client with the purse hook that night, and found a great bargain on Amazon.com for a purse hook--under $10! I figured, if it was really ugly or didn't work well, it's not a fortune to spend, so I was willing to gamble. The best thing about this was that I completely forgot that I had ordered it until I got the package in the mail. Unexpected packages are just like Christmas! The piece is adorable, with a teal flower on the top and a simple silver hook. It's sturdy but not clunky, and even comes with a little bag to protect it. I cannot WAIT to go out again, just so I can try this snazzy little thing out. No more floors for my purses! No more wondering if the person that is standing too close to my chair is trying to steal my wallet! (Yes, I'm a little paranoid.)

Interested in snagging one of your own? Check out Silverhooks.com.
(PS-I'm not endorsed by this company, I am simply in love with this product!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!