We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fancy Flank Steak

Giant Eagle has stellar sales on meat, and it's almost like Christmas when I find things like flank steak, which is typically pretty expensive, for something like $8. Yep! I'll cook the crap out of an $8 dinner! I found this recipe on Epicurious.com, and it's definitely a keeper.


I actually sliced my single flank steak width-wise to make two very thin steaks, and I pounded these with a meat mallet. I marinated for about 30 minutes, while my very-slow oven preheated to "Hi Broil" (honestly, I couldn't tell you exactly what that means, but it makes the top coils very hot, lol). I arranged a small rack atop a shallow pan, and cooked for about 5 minutes on each side. These turned out a perfect medium-rare, but I think this would be made even more delicious by charring on the grill before serving, just to get some extra texture.

This was a perfect weeknight dinner, taking only an hour to prep and cook, along with homemade mashers and a big huge dinner roll. Matt got me totally addicted to these rolls, and now I carb-load at every dinner!

~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!