We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, January 31, 2015

Healthy Movie Snacks


Last time we went to the movie theatre, I was crazy excited to see Apple Chips for sale at Concessions. Granted, they were $5 for a tiny bag, and they touted being a healthy alternative to potato chips, but they also contained 3 servings in one bag, and as many calories as a typical bag of potato chips. So, I refrained from buying them, instead making a silent promise that I could do better at home.

Enter two weeks later, when I realized I had 3 old-ish apples and a boyfriend who was on a business trip. I Googled this recipe from Alex Guarnaschelli, who I adore, and let my apples soak in the simple syrup mixture overnight. In the morning, I followed the reviewer's suggestions, and made sure to lay my apple slices in a single layer on a grill pan so they wouldn't stick too bad. The recipe said it would only take an hour to cook these to a delicious chip-y crisp, so I popped these babies in the oven at about 225 degrees.

Alas, after an hour and a half, they were still rather soft. I'm not going to lie and tell you that these turned out amazing, because I got impatient, cranked the heat up, and burned them to a dark brown crisp. However, I believe in this recipe! I think these apple chips in a patient person's kitchen would be utterly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!