We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, August 16, 2014

Just...Stop...

...acting like the victim!

Absolutely every conscious decision we make during the course of the day, from deciding to climb out of bed in the morning, to what we put in our mouths, to how fast we drive, is our decision, and ours alone.

And even though I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is true, it's so easy to slip into the mindset that I can't help feeling sad, or bad, or weepy...It's always easier to blame my actions and the consequences that follow on someone or something else than to accept that I made it happen. How do you stop the victim mentality, and begin to hard-wire yourself to continually take control?...
I think it can be done with a little bit of practice, and I'm starting today!

With this resolution in mind, I spent my morning pondering what I'm unsatisfied with in my life; and what actions I can take to make it better. It's an incredible, immediate feeling of relief: Remembering that is MY LIFE, and it is completely up to me whether I live it fully or don't.

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry.
If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
― Dalai Lama XIV


You don't like your job? (Why not find a new one?)
You turn into the Hulk during your period? (There are some great meds for that...)
You can't get pregnant? (Why not consider adopting a needy baby?)
You hate your dress size? (It only takes a few workouts a week to see a difference...)
It may sound harsh, but it seems there are easy solutions for the frivolous or more serious issues we may face...What would your responses be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!