We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Low-Cal Cocktail You Can Actually Order



(Please Remember: My terrible suggestions work for me because I know what my body can and cannot handle, and I am always aware of my surroundings. Mio says specifically on the bottle to not mix with alcohol, so don't do it!)



Anyone who knows me know I like to party. But, my definition of party is probably a lot different than you might think...No longer a young buck, my "partying" now consists of sitting at the pool or on my balcony, sipping on an adult beverage and propping my feet up. Aahh, so wonderful!


I may love a refreshing cocktail, but good grief! the calories that follow are not welcome to me or my tummy. Most the ladies I gripe to about this agree; it is a struggle to find something you can sip on without consuming a day's worth of empty calories. There are thousands of fancy and delish cocktails featured in magazines and on my fave cooking websites, but really? A muddled fruit this-and-that with agave nectar and special garnish? Um...I go to The Goat. There are no special glasses, stirrers, syrups, and I'm sorry, but I refused that nasty lime for a reason. I definitely don't want bar fruit muddled into what I'm ingesting. (That's not meant to be a dig at this, one of my favorite watering holes. Anyone who has ever worked in a bar knows what I'm talking about. That fruit is deeeeesgusting!)


I've searched high and low for a cocktail that is refreshing and low calorie, but with a kick for those rough days, because unwinding is the real reason we drink, right? Something you wouldn't look snooty for ordering at a dive bar, a cocktail that requires few ingredients but never gets old. I've stopped looking, here is my go-to libation: Mio mixed with vodka and water.


Mio is a zero-calorie water-flavor syrup that is sold in every grocery store for about $4. There are a ton of flavors for variety, and this recipe means no bloating from carbonation (like in a yucky vodka soda), and it typically packs a wholloping 69 calories. I know that fake sugar is not more amazing for you then the calories, but it works for now. Do you have a better recipe that is actually usable at the bar? I'd love to steal it if you'll share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!