We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Thursday, August 7, 2014

Women Elevating Each Other

As much as men are competitive, winning are catty.

Although I believe these are two sides of the same coin, it's odd to me that men can be fiercely competitive with each other and still go out for a beer after work, while women use their cattiness to tear each other down to no end, and with no reward. Is it a man's more simplistic nature that allows him to see the forest through the trees, and realize that competition is healthy? On the other side, then it must be women's crazy nature to take every thing personally, to treat every competition as a threat to their very existence. Why can't we be more like men in this regard?

Competition helps to drive success and inspire others. I've had my catty moments, and cannot say that when I see a woman who is thinner or more successful than I am, that I don't feel a slight rage inside. But, like a Man, I realize that this is just free inspiration to do better. That red-hot feeling I have is not directed at this other person, it fuels the fire inside of myself to be what and who I want to be.

Healthy competition makes us better, whether it's athletics or inside the office. What model of success can we possibly follow if everyone is the same? Until we women begin acting less with our emotions and more with our intelligent brains, we can't possibly hope to rule the world, as we should be.

So next time you meet a woman with an amazing career, a successful marriage, a beautiful complexion and flowing locks, why not pay her a compliment and ask for advice? We should be constantly lifting each other up, not condemning our fellow woman and their imminent success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!