We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Sunday, August 24, 2014

Disgusting...but Delicious!

Oh my gosh, I just spent over an hour in the kitchen, creating one of the most disgusting-looking smoothies imaginable. I'm reluctant to say this, but...have you ever seen newborn baby poop? ...that's what my smoothie creation looks like. Why, Oh WHY, does healthy food have to look so gross?


I've fallen a bit off the low-carb wagon, and my emerging muffin top is a not-so-friendly reminder of what is to come should I continue on this path of DESTROYING Jimmy John's Vito sandwiches, devouring pizzas several times a week, and leveling Pringles cans in a sitting. I was doing so well, too...

I could go on about my shortcomings in the Land of Diet, but I woke up today determined to take action and reverse this damage before I gain back the few pounds I worked so hard to lose. Everyone on the internet claims to have found a "delicious and healthy!" low carb smoothie, and I've tried several with so-so results. Is it just me, or do healthy people seem to have skewed taste buds?

Like my vitamin-mixing, I did some research to decide what would most benefit me personally, and created a recipe using those ingredients. I decided to include a whey protein mix, avocado, yogurt, and spinach. Thinking I could make 10 servings in my blender (and seriously underestimating it's capacity), I spent the last hour mixing my disgusting creation in batches, and transferring to every available container I had, which was three, haha. So I poured the remainder into ziploc bags to freeze for individual servings for work next week! (Super-thrilled for all the "What are you drinking?!?" comments awaiting).

I can't speak on carbs intelligently, but I'm happy with this smoothie because it hides spinach well, provides protein and healthy fats, is under 250 cals, and tastes vanilla-y and sweet. I'll just have to close my eyes when I drink it!

10 servings (about 240 calories per Shake)

2 1/2 c vanilla yogurt
2 1/3 c frozen spinach (or 2-10 oz packages)
5 scoops vanilla flavored whey protein powder
3 Tbs honey
3 avocados
1 c light cranberry juice
2 c Mixed Berries
Water as needed for consistency

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!