We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Brooke Shields Eyebrows

I am obsessed with eyebrows, always have been.

I don't know if the persistent nagging from my mom to not over-pluck, or the low self-esteem that accompanies every young girl's journey through adolescence caused this lifelong affinity for perfection above my peepers, but it's something I've always wrestled with. My mom would say, "You have big, beautiful, Brooke Shields' eyebrows!" (PS-I hated it when she would say this, and immediately and consistently plucked my eyebrows into thin lines...aah, rebellion, why hast thou forsaken me?)

Because of my habitual overplucking, my eyebrows fought back and have decided not to grow in evenly anymore. Sad. But...that's what makeup is for! And now that big, beautiful, Brooke Shields eyebrows are celebrated, I've learned how to fill in my brows like a real-live adult.


I have dark-dark-dark eyebrows, so this has taken me some time to master, and I'm sure I'll get better as time goes along...I've gone back and forth on wanting to fill in my brows into black, defined arches, and more natural, soft lines, and to be quite honest, it fluctuates. Either way, I really love how different I can make my face look with big brows and different arches.


I found this fantastic brow makeup at Macy's with the help of my adorable associate, who even showed me how to use it. Tarte costs about $28, but comes with a bamboo applicator, and lasts forever since you only need a dab. I also love that it's not tested on animals.

I first use a Rimmel brow pencil in a lighter shade, since the Tarte makeup can come on a bit dark, and I have a lot of area to fill in. It's been helpful to me to use a light shade and a dark shade, so it doesn't look like I have evil-lady eyebrows painted on my face.
Fill in your desired shape, then use a Q-Tip to soften the edges and clean up any stray lines. Use just a touch of the Tarte brow makeup, and brush in light strokes for more definition. This stuff really stays on, so you don't have to worry about accidentally brushing your eyebrow off mid-day. :)



Sha-BAM, Eyebrows!
What are your tips and tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!