We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Thursday, February 5, 2015

Music is Everything

I take for granted the music in my life.

I get to hum along to Pandora while I work, I blast Katy Perry when I drive, and I recently started taking voice lessons. Music is something that is always there for me. I realized this the other day when I was having a serious case of the Mondays. I just woke up angry, and I couldn't shake it. I locked myself in my office for most of the day, so as not to spread the ugliness I was feeling around, and bolted as close to 5 o'clock as I could manage. On the drive home, I blasted my favorite tunes while I drove, and before I knew it, I was singing along! The dreary feeling that had been hanging over me all day simply dissipated. It was incredible. Who knew Bruno Mars and Whitney Houston could be my therapists?

Music has been there through the best and worst moments of my life. Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men were my first loves, followed by No Doubt and TLC...I sang in choir all through elementary and high school. My first heartbreak was when I didn't get the coveted solo during our Senior choir concert... Alicia Keys provided my go-to song choices during all those karaoke nights at The Dublin House and Good Company, and her music was there for me during my divorce. I remember crying, then signing, then feeling powerful because her music helped me understand that I had the strength to not only start over, but to be a better me. Katy Perry has marked some of the best times in my life, from the years spent with the best friends you could ever hope to have, to the most relaxing vacation of my life.

I wouldn't be who I am without music in my life. Not only being able to hear it, but being able to sing along. I came across this incredible article the other day, about a young girl who covers a John Legend song. She has Down Syndrome, which makes it hard to talk, let alone sign. But she does, and she is an inspiration.


Check out the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!