We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Everything's Sweeter with Honey

Hello, Strangers!

It's been about a week since I've basically fallen off the face of the planet, and for good reason: I got to spend four whole days in my hometown of Colorado Springs. It was incredible, and right this second I'm on a plane to go back to Ohio. It's incredible how being around family can get you right back to normal. Although I did have to work for just a splash, I made sure to shut that dang computer down, silence my phone, and just enjoy being home. Emails are an evil thing, I tell ya!



I wanted to share my airport experiences, as I had issues with my travels both to and fro, and had I freaked out, I could have easily ruined my whole trip (or at least my day).

I packed SO MANY clothes for this trip, I don't know what I was thinking, because when I'm around my sister, I seriously scrub it up . I checked two bags, costing me $60 (sheesh, right?!?). My first flight had to be de-iced for about an hour before we could take off, resulting in many of us aboard missing our connecting flights. I lucked out and got rebooked on a flight to Denver, only setting me back about 2 hours. One of the girls I was sitting with got booked on a flight that was 8 hours later, poor thing! Long story short, I made it to Colorado Springs, but my luggage hadn't. This is one of my worst fears flying, because I really like my clothes and makeup, and I don't have the time to pick out all that crap again, so I usually always carry on.

In addition to thinking I'd have to wear the same chonies for the next five days, I got to deal with a fairly rude agent who acted like it was my fault my bags weren't there. I kept my cool, said please and thank you, and made my bestie take me to get cocktails--stat. After an amazing long lunch, fancy drinks, and an even better night out, my bags arrived at her doorstep safely. No harm, no foul (even though I didn't get to wear my fabulous leather pants on Saturday night). Instead of freaking out and ruining the day, I trusted that things would work out, and enjoyed the day.

As for the flight home, I got to the airport early and found out that since my flight had gotten bumped on my way out, it caused a glitch in the airline's system and I couldn't check in to get back home. My mind started racing: I would have to stay here another day, miss my deadline at work tomorrow, make my sister drive all the way down here to pick me up...but I was calm and kind and waited for the attendant to troubleshoot. After about 30 minutes, I was all set on my flight, and she even checked my bags for free! I was thrilled.

Imagine the outcome of I would have lost it on this woman. She would have been upset, I would have been upset (and my blood pressure is high enough as it is), and the outcome would have been the same (except I'd probably be out another $60 for my checked bags).

Honey ALWAYS works better for everything. From business to travel to friends and family, I find this to be true over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!