We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, February 14, 2015

This is what I really want for Valentine's Day...Maybe...

Most of my inspiration, great or not-so-much, come from reading an article. Anyone who knows me could agree that 90% of my stories start with: "I read an article..." I've said it a thousand times before, and I'll say it again: I LOVE THE INTERNET!

This brings me to a potentially-uncomfortable experiment: Can you manufacture love? This is a super-interesting concept, one that I think most women have thought about at one time or another...If you think about it, a relationship is all about "making" someone love you. You do what the person likes to do, eat what they like to eat, dress in their favorite outfits or wear their favorite perfume...falling in love could be just as much a manipulative game we play as it is a true chemical reaction. Like eating a bunch of chocolate, they say...

This experiment explores that concept of "falling in love" in more depth, and finds that it might be able to be manufactured, as long as the two people involved are open to it. Here's the short version: Two people who are open to the idea of falling in love take turns asking each other a series of increasingly-intimate personal questions, and must answer the questions truthfully. After the series of questions is complete, they must stare into each other's eyes for four minutes (holy crap, an eternity).
Then...BOOM! Love.

Read the full article here; and if you have the opportunity to try this out, I'd love to hear how it goes!
In the spirit of this made-up "holiday", why not give it a shot? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!