We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hangover Taters

I may have had just a splash too much vino last night. I woke up this morning completely unmotivated to do anything except sit on my couch and eat salty foods. But, I wasn't prepared to completely destroy how well I've been eating the past week, so instead of succumbing to McDonald's, I made these fries!


I strapped on my most-loved polka-dot apron and pulled up this recipe that I had bookmarked last week from Skinny Taste. I preheated my oven to 425 degrees, and thinly sliced 1/2 of a russet potato since I was cooking for just me. After rinsing and drying the slices on paper towels, I transferred to a ziploc baggie for seasoning.
I love this technique of seasoning taters in a bag, because it's fast and ensures everything gets some seasoning love. EVOO, kosher salt, pepper, and chopped garlic were added to the baggie, and after tossing around a bit, I transferred in one layer to my baking sheet, which had a light coating of cooking spray on it.
I could barely wait to taste these as the smell of roasting garlic wafted through my kitchen, but I let these babies cook for about 7 minutes on each side. My mouth watered as I drizzled a touch more EVOO over the fries and sprinkled with grated Parmesan and parsley. I took a fork (read: shovel) and devoured my creation immediately.

This one's a keeper, I can't wait to make it again! Maybe next time, with my dry rub sprinkled on top in place of the cheese and garlic...or even the spicy hamburger seasoning that we love...dill fries would be delish...so many possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!