We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Thursday, September 11, 2014

Getting older is...

...simply amazing!

I may not feel this way when I'm sixty, but damn it, right now I am loving getting older. I love how my hair finally cooperates, my face doesn't break out (not all the time, at least), my taste buds have evolved to crave stinky cheese and black coffee. I love how my body immediately lets me know when I've done something terrible to it, whether it's working out too hard or not eating enough veggies. Unlike when I was 21, and could stay up all night and drink like a fish with (seemingly) no consequences; nowadays, my body either rewards or punishes me, and it's pretty immediate. Those sun spots and lines on my face remind me of carefree times had, but I am more committed than ever to cherishing this body of mine, and not just destroying it at every turn.

It's crazy what ten years can do to your body and mind. I used to be so reckless, not just with what I put in my body, but with what came out of my mouth. Cursing like a sailor or being uneducated wasn't any big deal, I was young and invincible. Eternity meant nothing, because I was going to live forever. I was always going to be young and pretty and skinny and popular...Aah, naïve youth!

I love getting older and acting (mostly) like a lady. I've started embracing my nerdiness and neuroticism, along with my A.D.D. These seemingly negative things make me high-energy, goofy, and creative; and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I love craving healthy food, and appreciate so many more foods now that I've opened my mind and become adult-ish. Mushrooms, green beans, spinach, and kale are now some of my most favorite foods, and I can't believe I went almost thirty years without appreciating these amazing veggies!

The best thing about getting older is coming into my own. Finally, I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe in, and I refuse to be pushed into some box that society says is acceptable. I believe that I can still make a difference, that we all can. I believe that the world is a beautiful place, I appreciate its glory every single day.

I can't wait for what the next thirty years will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!