We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Starting my morning with dinner!

Mmmmm.....Mushrooms and Tapenade and Pasta...a few of my absolute favorite things to stuff in my face!



Olives are so good for you, part of those MUFAs that provide good fats for us ladies. Prevention magazine touts these foods as the key to a flat belly, and you can learn more here. I'll take any excuse to add more EVOO and olives into my diet, and this delish recipe was an experimental success!

I started with cooking Farfalle pasta (Matt's fave) to nearly al dente. I used the whole box, so we'd have leftovers for work lunches. While the pasta was cooking, I chopped half of a medium white onion, minced 2 Tablespoons garlic, 2 Tablespoons black olives, and sliced about 2 cups white button mushrooms.


To a large hot sauté pan, I splashed about 1 Tablespoon of EVOO, and added my mushrooms, olives, onion, and garlic, along with salt, pepper, and dried Italian seasonings, to taste. Let these cook for about 7 minutes on medium-high, until the mushrooms are yummy and brown, but not until the garlic is burnt.


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and gently toss your pasta, 8 ounces of ricotta cheese, your mushroom mixture, and about 10 ounces of your chosen red pasta sauce. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of Italian shredded cheese atop your masterpiece, and cook until heated through and melty, about 20 minutes. Yum-sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!