We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Getting Pampered on the Reg

Note: I wrote this over the weekend, but did not want to publish it until I had tested the recipes. OMG, best stuff ever! My face is smooth and looks bright from the mask, and my body feels so fresh and so clean from the coffee scrub! I may add a touch more sugar to the scrub, it was a bit coffee-ish. PS – everyone is getting scrubs for Christmas!

What I can only assume was a drunk driver zoomed past the end of our "under construction" street last night and braked to a noisy stop well into the deep gravel beyond the finished road. This woke me up, and more importantly, woke my brain up. It was 2:30am. Drunk drivers are the worst. But, instead of shutting my eyes tight and willing myself back to what I knew would be an unrestful night, I picked up and went downstairs, where I ended up "Pinteresting" until 6am. How does time fly so quickly on that evil website?

Anyways, I found some terrific homemade recipes for body scrubs and face masks! I've never enjoyed paying for these beauty products at The Body Shop that I knew I could make at home, so this was my first activity of the day, and I can't wait to give them a try!

This face mask is one smushed banana, a couple Tablespoons of honey, and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix these together, place in a Tupperware and store in the fridge until ready to use...Smooth on your face and reap the benefits of this all-natural mask: Bananas moisturize and help to treat acne and dark spots. Honey can help reduce scars and keep your skin glowing. Lemon juice has antibacterial properties, and can help prevent and treat blackheads.

As for the body scrub, I read some articles about the benefits of caffeine for your skin, and the exfoliating properties of sugar is no secret. I added to a Tupperware container about 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1/2 cup of Hazelnut coffee grounds that I wasn't going to use. EVOO was drizzled over top, and a couple drops of vanilla extract added the most amazing aroma!

Boom! Face and Body Beauty for pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!