We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Jiggly Thighs

Strength is beauty.

I don't know that a lot of people believe in that notion; it's sadly obvious that our society is obsessed with thin equalling beautiful. We completely disregard the fact that true beauty stems from the strength we have within us. Possessing emotional strength to overcome adversity is only part of it. Strength that shows itself on the outside is also beautiful, although we are constantly pressured to think that only a size 2 is perfection.

Let's talk about the current rage of the "thigh gap". I've not had a gap in my thighs since high school, and I have no desire to return to that awkward, skinny phase of my life. How is that sexy? I pondered this while hiking up a mountain last week. My thighs do not have a gap, and therefore do not fit the societal measurement of leg beauty; but I wouldn't change a thing.


These jiggly thighs of mine send me up mountain trails on daily adventures; they give me strength to run and (usually) not fall on my face; they support me when I pick my niece up and swing her around till we're both dizzy. I thank my strong thighs for giving me purpose, for allowing me to simply walk into a room when so many don't have that ability.


Yes, my workout shorts may be a splash too short (let's be honest, all my shorts are too short), and when I sit down, my legs squish delightfully together. I don't care. I'm proud of my jiggly thighs and the places they are able to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!