We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Thursday, May 21, 2015

Here's to New Faves



I am terrible at making side dishes exciting. Usually, all my energy is spent on the main course, and by the time I think, "Hey, I might need a little somethin'-somethin'," it's late and I'm starving. So I'll forgo the side dish completely in favor of stuffing my face immediately. On this particular occasion, I was intent on making a thank-you dinner for my sister and brother-in-law, so I figured it was a meal that was side-dish appropriate. After some pretty intense Googling, I found this recipe from The Kitchenista Diaries: Chicken & Mango Fried Rice. Color me tickled, I was all in!

There were a couple things that thrilled me about this recipe: First, all the ingredients are crazy fresh, it was like there was a little rainbow of healthy on my cutting board. Second, this was my first time cooking with Coconut Oil, which I'm now completely addicted to.



I used Boil-In-Bag brown rice, which helped speed up the entire process immensely. While the rice was chilling, I started working on the Bulgogi main dish, with the help of some pretty classity Pinot Grigio which may or may not have come from a box. :)

I was amazed at how the Coconut Oil lent a subtle coconut flavor, and I omitted the chicken since we were having beef as the main dish. I half-expected to hate this recipe since I'm not a huge fan of coconut; but I could seriously eat this every single day. Plus, it was a hit with the fam. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!