We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Thursday, November 27, 2014

Boycotting Black Friday

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

This is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. Mostly, because it involves over-eating and socially acceptable day-drinking. Plus, unlike Christmas, Thanksgiving provides a day to be with the ones we love, and reflect on what we are grateful for, without the materialism of forced gift-giving.

I've been appalled that year after year, stores are opening earlier and earlier for Black Friday. This year, there are even a handful of stores opening today at 4 and 5 o'clock! Yeah, hanging out with your family ALL DAY might not be everyone's cup of tea, but come on! The only thing that can possibly compel a business to rob their employees of time to be with their families is greed; pure and simple. And we as consumers allow it by ditching our loved ones and lining up to give these stores our money. It's not what this holiday was ever about, and it seems that most have allowed the meaning to become lost, overshadowed by the promise of a great deal.

So, I am boycotting Black Friday in its entirety. The entire concept of shopping for Christmas on Thanksgiving is what's wrong with us as a nation. We have everything, but think we need more. We have this incredible opportunity once a year to really enjoy each other, to take a step back and breathe, to be in the moment and reflect on how amazing our lives are.

Why not take today and appreciate what you do have?

I'm grateful for my good health, my warm home, my loving boyfriend, my talented sister and her shining light of a daughter. I am grateful to have a good job, and all the things that go along with it. I'm grateful to have girlfriends who I would trust with my life, and a family who wishes I was close. There are too many things to list (Matt has the pleasure of hearing all of them later)!

My hope is that each one of you have a wonderful holiday, full of love and laughter and very much food.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!