We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Friday, January 4, 2013

Human "beings", not human "doings"

I have made a valiant effort to live in the moment today...I had tiresome errands to run (like getting my oil changed and going to the BMV), and no one to accompany me, and so I made a point to not think about how boring the tasks were and just enjoy being.

This is the hardest area of my life: Balancing ME with everything that "must be done" in my day. Everyone has a list of things to do during the course of their day, whether mental or written, at work or at home, and I have recently found mine to be overwhelming, even though most the things on my list are fairly unimportant (ie. setting up cable or faxing a letter).

I was talking to my mom the other day and telling her about my To-Do list for the week, when she recited a quote that I immediately wrote down. I repeat this to myself when I find myself becoming overwhelmed by my day-to-day: "We are human BEINGS, not human DOINGS."

I Googled this phrase today, and found that there is a growing movement among human beings to be exactly that: Beings. People seem to be coming to the realization that stress is a man-made emotion, created by an unspoken expectation to do as much as possible in the limited timespan of a day.

My mother is my "go-to" in my strive to improve myself and to live in the moment. She is a vegan (sometimes not) massage therapist (sometimes not) who lives in a studio apartment in Colorado; and she is the kindest person I have ever known. She wants for nothing, even though she has little. She has always been glowingly supportive of my dreams and what I want in life. Through her actions, she reminds me of the person that I try to be: someone who is giving to others, grateful of everything she has, honest about who she is, and unconditionally loving of her family and friends. Most of all, she reminds me to enjoy life to the fullest, appreciating even the boring or bad days for what they are. My mom is a true Human Being.

My mother always tries to make every minute better than the last; from her quirky ideas to make the mundane exciting, to her commitment to being true to herself; and so I dedicate this blog to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!