We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Sunday, January 6, 2013

French Toast!

I adore brunch. And I think the perfect brunch food is French Toast, which happens to be one of my boyfriend's favorites. The recipe that I lovelovelove is from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (this cookbook has been my go-to for everything delicious), and I tweaked it this morning to make it as healthy as can be.

I use 1 large beaten egg (you could take it a step further and use just the egg white), and add to it a healthy splash of skim milk and OJ, and a tiny splash of vanilla extract with a dusting of cinnamon. The additions of the orange juice, vanilla, and cinnamon give my french toast a warm, citrus flavor that is addicting. Instead of the traditional white or brioche bread, I use 4 or 5 slices of honey whole wheat, which I admit tasted different the first time I tried it, but is actually pretty wonderful!


To round out our meal, I scrambled 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg with a splash of milk, and added red pepper flakes and low-fat shredded cheddar cheese for flavor and spice. Add some sliced apples to make this meal healthy but sooo yummy, and something you could repeat every weekend.

I want to try different variations of french toast, including Peanut Butter French Toast and Baked French Toast...What are some great recipes that you have found that are unusual and yummy? Please comment below and I'll give it a shot!

Here's the link to the original recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!