We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Friday, March 6, 2015

Eye of the Tiger

The word of the day is: Fear.

I am a worrywart, everyone knows it. I've only recently decided to take this negative part of my being and use it for good; so instead of worrying, I try to address the fear and find a solution. The alternative is me laying in bed in the fetal position; or staring, paralyzed, at my mounting inbox; or zoning out in front of the TV for hours; or melting down in the shower...none of these sound amazing. My mind races from the moment my eyes open at 5am (who needs coffee when you have worry?). I even get to take Melatonin to sleep most nights, because my overactive brain won't shut down when it's supposed to.

This morning was one of those crazy days, when I heard my obnoxious alarm and BOOM I'm up. I was in the process of willing myself back to an uneasy slumber when I realized the thing that was keeping me from taking on the day was Fear. Fear is a powerful enemy; one who can make all your worst feelings about yourself rise to the forefront of your consciousness. "What happens if...What if they don't...What if they do"... A thousand questions raced through my mind. In an effort to not drive myself crazy and also calm my racing heart, I changed those "What if" questions to "How do I" questions. "How do I take on extra responsibility at work if someone quits?...What action can I take if my client doesn't call me back?...How can I prepare myself for the reaction of my peers to this-or-that?" By taking the power away from "they" and situations I can't possibly predict or control; I took these worrisome questions and thought about how I could respond and prepare. The only thing I have power over is me; and I'm taking the power away from Fear.

As you begin your day, think on the things you most fearful of; and instead of asking "What if I fail?" ask yourself, "How can I best succeed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!