We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Saturday, December 20, 2014

Forgot about Thanksgiving!



I don't know how I did it, but I forgot to share our utterly amazing Turkey-Day deets! I was browsing through my pictures the other day, and as my mouth began to water, I remembered how I wanted to share this with everyone and anyone with a taste bud in their mouth. This was the second year we've smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving, and it turned out crazy-juicy and delicious...My mouth's watering again!



I don't mean to toot our own horn, but we have gotten damn good at smoking meat. Sometimes we don't get the smoke ring, and other times we don't get that yummy bark, but the flavor is always amazing; and my affinity for BBQ has grown exponentially. To be honest, I kinda always figured barbecue was for hillbillies, and I couldn't get into it. I couldn't have been more wrong (or snobby)! There's something magical about taking a hunk of meat and giving it hours of TLC to produce something that is so...original. You can't cheat with true barbecue. You either do it well and it turns out amazing, or you do it poorly. Matt and I have read about a thousand articles and picked through the many online smoking forums to devise our best smoking practices, and we haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg.

Enough blabber from me! This turkey was better than last year, it had a beautiful dark bark, and was so juicy it was spilling over the cutting board when we carved it. It also made phenomenal leftover "kitchen sink" sandwiches!
Enjoy our Thanksgiving tradition in pictures...


The best sandwich in the world...
stuffing, mashers, turkey, and cranberry sauce...Yum!


Prepping the feast!


I rubbed our bird down the night before with butter, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper,
then stuffed the cavity with oranges and red onion.
Most of this fell out when we moved the turkey from the pan to the smoker (whoops).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!