We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bigots:The Biggest Dummies of All

Whenever I have the unfortunate opportunity to be around a racist, it reminds me that I need to be a better person. It's the only possible way I can attempt to combat the ignorance that spews forth...if I respond in anger, it does nothing besides add to the negativity that already surrounds us as a culture.

It would be worthless for me to make a promise to not participate in bigotry, or erase inflammatory remarks from my vocabulary, because they already are nonexistent! Like Martin Luther King said, we cannot erase hatred with hatred, so the only way to answer this type of behavior is to be a calmer, smarter, kinder person. (Deep breaths!)

When you feel yourself judging someone, stop. Instead of thinking only of ourselves, let's take a moment to do a kindness for another, even if it's just offering a smile. Pay a stranger a compliment, buy a coworker lunch, give someone a pat on the back. A lot of folks might say that these small acts of selflessness won't change anything, after all they are so insignificant! I choose to believe that if I can make someone's day a little better, even if for just a moment, why wouldn't I try? It's much better than the alternative: trade a frown with a smile, a handshake with a hug, a criticism with applause...Carry yourself with the light of a child, taking in all the wonder this world has to offer without regards to the consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!