We have the opportunity on the daily to make a positive impact on the world around us.
Whether one goes through their day searching for good deeds to be done,
or simply takes advantage of random opportunities to spread love,
every action (or inaction) has a resounding impact.
The question is: Is your impact today going to be positive, negative, or indifferent?
I have been told that one person can't make a difference.
I affectionately call these people "dummies"...
Those who actively try to hold the rest of us down,
those who would rather watch you drown than help you soar, those who can't grasp the power of positivity to create change.
Whether it's a great recipe found, or an uplifting story to share, you can be sure to find it here.
Let's start a Positivity Revolution, and drown out the dumb!




Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I made Mushroom Pâtè!

To be truthful, I'm a big pussy and I don't want to know what is in Pâtè. I know it's liver and such...I'd just rather live my life without knowing the specifics.

Enter my recent, explosive obsession with Banh Mi.

I don't need to know exactly what it is, but I cannot get enough Banh Mi on the daily. If I could eat it three times daily, I totally would. The thing is, my restaurant with the best Banh Mi is very far away (about 25 minutes, an eternity in Colorado Springs). So I decided to try and make it, saving myself the drive, and treating myself to the mouth-watering goodness that is this Vietnamese delight.

Banh Mi has some French influence, like baguette, Pâtè, and rich mayonnaise. I was eager to make my own version of this street food, so I went ahead an Googled a mushroom Pâtè recipe from Food Network. I'll pretty much trust anything that Emeril Lagasse makes, so this recipe was the winner. As usual, I made a few changes, specifically substituting 8 ounces of mushrooms for bacon bits and ends that I found at Trader Joe's, which is seriously the best store ever.


Here is the recipe I followed:
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
3 teaspoons minced garlic
8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean and coarsely chopped
8 ounces fresh cremini (baby bel), stems removed, wiped clean, and coarsely chopped
8 ounces bacon bits and pieces, fried in small saucepan
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons dried parsley leaves
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 ounces softened cream cheese
5 ounces softened goat cheese

In a large skillet, cook bacon until just cooked but still soft. Remove bacon to save for later, and add the shallots and garlic to the same skillet and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until wilted and starting to brown. Add the wine, thyme, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the wine is nearly all evaporated, 5 minutes. Add the parsley and EVOO and cook for 30 seconds.

Add cheeses to skillet and allow to melt. Transfer to food processor and blend until creamy. Refrigerate and use on EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in The Positivity Revolution by sharing your success story, your favorite recipe, a beautiful picture...Drown out the dumb!